This fall 40 teenagers came together for training to become leaders for peace, as part of the Richmond Youth Peace Project.
Was it a positive experience? 100% of the teens said “Yes!”
We asked how the RPEC training helped them?
Here are some of their answers:
• I feel more confident on how to solve arguments.
• It helped me recognize conflicts and simple changes that can be made to defuse them.
• It helped me because I learned new ways to get my point across without conflict.
• I learned how to view situations from multiple perspectives.
• I learned more about myself as a problem solver.
• I am leaving a better person.
• It has helped me realize that there are underlying reasons for why people do what they do.
• Gave me better communication skills.
• It gave me more confidence about working and organizing with groups.
• I discovered different techniques to resolve conflicts peacefully.
• It made things more clear and opened my mind to things.
• Everyone learned listening skills.
• It taught me how to handle things differently.
• It will help us in the future and even now with people younger and older.
• I reached my goals and will be able to help the greater Richmond area.