EIGHT WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE
1. Shop for Peace at Your Local Kroger
When shopping for groceries, you can use your Kroger Plus card to benefit the Peace Center. It takes less than five minutes to join and it’s an easy way to support the Peace Center (at no extra cost to you). To participate in the Kroger Community Rewards Program:
– Go to https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards and create your Kroger account
– Click on Enroll Now for the Community Rewards Program and enter RPEC or the RPEC account code (94179) to designate RPEC as your recipient organization.
– Enter your Kroger Plus Card #. If you do not have a card, you can create a virtual card online.
–Once you have enrolled, please send an email to Camille Harris, RPEC Volunteer Kroger Community Rewards Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know so she can add you to our Rewards program database and send you occasional program updates.
– Use your Kroger Plus card every time you shop at Kroger!
2. Make a Financial Contribution.
Mail a check to the Peace Center office or donate here.
Consider a monthly pledge.
We are grateful for donations of any size!
3. Donate & Come to the Annual Dinner & Auction
Held every November, our fall Dinner & Auction is our largest fundraising event of the year. It’s an incredible gala for peace. Please join us for this wonderful evening. We are also grateful for your donations of gift certificates, services, vacation homes, jewelry, crafts, and more for the auction. If you have or know someone who owns a business, please encourage them to make a donation to the auction. Please make donations by the first week of September. Contact email@example.com or call 232-1002.
4. Employer Match
If you work for a company that offers a match, please let them know about your donation to the Richmond Peace Education Center and ask them to match your gift.
5. United Way Campaigns and Combined Virginia Campaign
You can give to the Peace Center through your workplace giving program if your employer (e.g., a government, school, university, or company) participates. Designate RPEC as the recipient of your donation. Our campaign codes are:
Local Government and Schools (LG&S): #140
United Way: # 3181
Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign(CVC): #3751
Please write both the code and “Richmond Peace Education Center.”
6. A Charitable Transfer of Appreciated Stocks
The Peace Center has an account at Wells Fargo Advisors. Instruct your broker to transfer the gifted securities electronically to:
Wells Fargo Advisors
DTC Clearing # 0141
Richmond Peace Education Center Account # 72127145
Please call RPEC at (804) 232-1002 to let us know the stock is being transferred.
7. A Lasting Legacy of Peace: Planned Giving
Legacy giving is a way for forward thinking supporters of the Richmond Peace Education Center to ensure their commitment to peace and justice will live on after they are gone.
8. Vehicles for Charity
Donate a used vehicle & support the Richmond Peace Education Center.
- Free pickup.
- Income tax deduction documentation.
- For more information, see http://www.vehiclesforcharity.org.
Some restrictions apply.
Other ways to support RPEC:
- Introduce a friend to RPEC. Invite them to a program or fundraising event, or encourage them to join!
- Join our mailing list, e-mail list, and Facebook page!
- Stay informed and in touch. Forward and “share” RPEC program and event announcements.
- Be an informed voice for peace & justice. Let us know about other events and programs happening that we might be able to support!
- Volunteer. We can use your help!
RPEC’s Commitment to Privacy
It is the policy of RPEC to maintain and protect all personnel information and information pertaining to the business and finances of the organization. Files will be secured and confidentiality will be maintained.
To review information collected or request corrections, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 232-1002.
How to Talk about RPEC With Your Friends
Hi, my name is ________ , and I’m a member of the Richmond Peace Education Center.
We’re a grassroots organization working to foster peace & justice in the Richmond region. Our mission is to build just, inclusive and nonviolent communities through education and action.
We teach conflict resolution to schools, community groups, and agencies all across the region. Our conflict resolution programs teach healthy ways to prevent and resolve conflict.
We empower teenagers to be leaders for nonviolence and social change through our Richmond Youth Peace Project for teenagers.
We also educate about peaceful alternatives to war, and work for racial justice.
All of our programs give people and communities the tools they need to effect change and to build a more peaceful and just community and world.