The center sponsors educational forums and other activities to promote peaceful foreign policy, challenge the military industrial complex, and promote the resolution of global conflicts.
Our current programming includes the following:
- Reclaiming Our Democracy Forum (cosponsored with ACLU of VA) (2016)
- The US In the Middle East (2015)
- Eyes Wide Open Virginia in Monroe Park (2014)
- International Day of Peace Gathering (cosponsored with Interfaith Council of Greater Richmond) (2012)
- Peace Perspectives on Iran: Why Military Intervention is Not the Answer (2012)
- Report Back from Afghanistan: An Eyewitness View (2011)
Other forums RPEC has organized in recent years include “Is the Occupation Really Ending? The Future of Iraq;” “Building Foundations for a Lasting Peace: An Agenda for the 21st Century;” and “Torture and the ‘War on Terror’.” All have been informative, factual, and have provided peace perspectives on critical foreign policy issues.
This powerful and moving display is available for free to community groups to host in their own communities. It has been shown all over the state. To host Eyes Wide Open in your community, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RPEC co-coordinates the exhibit statewide together with Richmond Friends Meeting, in a collaboration with the American Friends Service Committee. Download the Eyes Wide Open-Virginia posters here: EWO VA Poster 1, EWO VA Poster 2.