RPEC members Betsy Brinson and Gordon Davies have brought back some amazing items from Dharamsala, India, home of the Dalai Lama. You will have the chance to bid on these items at the 2013 Dinner & Auction! They traveled to this region and had the opportunity to experience the home of the Dalai Lama first hand, but they brought back a little bit of this incredible place for us! The “Dalai Lama” package contains some exquisite items, including:
- Monk’s maroon woolen shawl and blanket
- Prayer Beads from the Dali Lama’s Temple in Dharamsala, India
- Prayer flags from Dharamsala, India
- Chants of Tibet CD
- Basic Tibetan Buddhism DVD with English subtitles
- Book: “My Land and My People: Original Autobiography of His Holiness the Dalai Lama of Tibet”
- Book: “The Open Road: The Global Journey of the Fourteenth Dalai Lama of Tibet” by Pico Iyer
- 1-1/2 hour Phoenix Rising yoga session
The Dalai Lama is the key spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism, and has been a great force in working to achieve peace in our world. Dharamsala is the centre of the Tibetan exile world in India. Following the 1959 Tibetan uprising, there was an influx of Tibetan refugees who followed the 14th Dalai Lama. His presence and the Tibetan population has made Dharamsala a popular destination for Indian and foreign tourists, including students studying Tibet.
Not everyone has the opportunity to visit such amazing international destinations, but lucky for us Betsy and Gordon have given us the chance to enjoy a little piece of this fantastic place. Don’t forget to visit our Dinner & Auction page to get the latest information on the fabulous items up for bid at this year’s event!