Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Position: Part Time (approx. 24 hours/week)
Job Description: The Administrative Coordinator facilitates the work of the Richmond Peace Education Center’s Director, staff, committees, and board of directors. The position provides essential administrative support to RPEC’s fundraising efforts and programs. The position maintains and manages RPEC’s information databases, oversees office, communicates with with other individuals and organizations in the community, and assists the Executive Director as needed.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum Requirements
• Excellent computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office software including mail merge.
• Administrative experience in managing multiple tasks.
• Organized and detail-oriented; excellent communication skills (spoken and written); ability to anticipate and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated background working effectively and collaboratively with diverse staff, volunteers and/or community members.
• Supports the Richmond Peace Education Center’s work and mission.
• Experience managing blogs, websites, and/or organizing social media campaigns
• Experience with donor management software
• Experience with direct mail, event planning, or other nonprofit operations
• Experience supervising volunteers
• Completion of a college degree
• Demonstrated commitment to issues of peace and justice.
Starting salary and benefits: $14/hour plus paid vacation time and holidays; IRA with employer match once eligible.
Application deadline: 12/15/13
Application Process: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, briefly describe your prior work experience and any other relevant experience. Address how your background aligns with the position requirements and explain your availability to work a regular part-time position.
|% Time Spent||Job Components||Core Responsibilities|
|30%||Manage Information||· Manages and maintains RPEC data bases, including member database, program database, outreach and publicity lists, etc., using professional software.· Compiles information and reports needed for mailings, board meetings, grant reports, annual report, and for assessment and evaluation.· Leads RPEC in improving its information systems.|
|25%||Fundraising & Program Support||· Works with Executive Director, other staff, and Development Committee in planning, implementing, and evaluating fundraising activities. Supports donor relations.· Provides administrative support for RPEC programs.|
|20%||Communications||· Supports RPEC communications (including online and electronic communications).· Maintains general correspondence for RPEC, including thank you letters and other correspondence.· Assists with RPEC’s communications to members and the community, including via the website, Facebook, and e-mail.|
|10%||Assist Executive Director||· Prepares correspondence of Executive Director and maintains calendar as needed.· Schedules meetings and provides support for meetings.· Answers telephone and takes messages for director, staff, and board, as needed.· Maintains RPEC office as professional space (jointly with another staffperson).
· Other tasks as requested.
|10%||Supervision of Office Operations||· As needed, carries out clerical tasks necessary for the smooth operation of the office.· Provides office coverage as adequate.· Manages office supply inventory, places orders for supplies and materials.· Oversees office volunteers.|
|5%||Community Liaison||· Listens to and anticipates member needs, responds quickly, and takes initiative to assist internal and external community contacts.· Stocks and coordinates information tables for RPEC at appropriate events.· Communicates respectfully; appreciates diversity and respects differences; has a collaborative attitude.|