The 2017 Peace Essay Contest: For Virginia students grades K-12
Deadline for Entries: April 24, 2017
Americans come from many different backgrounds. How can we build understanding and respect for one another among people of different heritages and beliefs?
What can you do to help build a community from people of so many different backgrounds? What can we do together in our schools, our neighborhoods, and our nation to help build respect and understanding among all who live in our country?
Include examples of contributions from people of various cultures and heritages, including your own, who have helped build the United States
Prizes awarded in 4 grade divisions: K-2, 3-5, Middle: 6-8, High School: 9-12:
First Prize: $100
Second Prize: $50
Third Prize: $20
Five Honorable Mentions: $10
- Open to any elementary, middle, or high school student in Virginia
- Prizes awarded at each school level: K-2, 3-5, Middle: 6-8, High School: 9-12
- Entries judged on content, composition, style and grammar, with emphasis on the content and creativity of the ideas expressed
- Deadline for entries: April 24, 2017
- Submit two copies of each entry, along with a completed entry form
- Each entry must be the original work of the student author.
- Winners will be notified on or before June 1, 2017
Download a copy of the rules and entry form here:
2017 Essay contest flier (MS Word format)
2017 Essay contest flier (.pdf format)
Download contest posters here:
Please email email@example.com or call 232-1002 if you have any questions. Thank you very much for considering being a part of this event!